Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Birthdays

September is a big month of birthdays for our family. My brothers is the 1st, mine is the 15th, and Hubby's is the 25th.  Instead of doing individual posts about each birthday I decided to combine them into one.
My 34th  birthday fell on a Saturday this year.  It was a very busy day for us but Hubby and JJ made sure to do something special for me.
copy 09-15-12-34thbirthday7
They took me out for lunch then Jorge took JJ to pick out my present while I stayed home.  When they came home JJ pranced in with all the pride in the world and handed me beautiful flowers and yummy cupcakes.  He was just so cute and so proud of himself.  To him, they were the most beautiful flowers and the best cupcakes in the world.  And they are to me, too!
copy 09-15-12-34thbirthday1
copy 09-15-12-34thbirthday2
Overall, it was a very busy and crazy day but it was a sweet day because of my sweet boys. copy 09-15-12-34thbirthday8

Today is Hubby's 29th birthday.  Being a Tuesday we didn't get to do too much but I did make sure to make Hubby a big meal with some of his favorites...Crock Pot Pork Chops, Spinach Strawberry Salad, Roasted Broccoli, and Sweet Tea.  I didn't get a picture of the dessert but I made a Cappuccino Cheesecake with a Chocolate Cookie Crust topped with Coffee Whipping Cream.  We all walked away from the table with our bellies quite full and content.
copy2 09-25-12-Jorgesbirthdaydinner
JJ got to borrow this astronaut suit from a friend today and has worn it most of the evening. So, of course, he had to wear it for pictures!
 copy 010-1
copy 013
Before my Dad died he gave Jorge a pistol. We've had it for a few months but have never had any ammo for it. Today, I gave Jorge a bag full of ammo for his birthday (woo hoo!). Yep, we're getting old. He's been wanting to go to the shooting range for a while so now he's loaded...literally...and ready to go.

We both made it through one more year.  It's been a tough year and like nothing I ever imagined it would be.  I never would have guessed last year at my birthday that I would become pregnant with baby #2 this year and I certainly never would have guessed that my Daddy would leave us before I reached my 34th birthday.  Who knows what will happen this year. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...