Monday, July 9, 2012

20 Weeks

copy07-09-12-20weeks1
Baby's size? Baby is the size of a banana and measures 10 inches head to toe and weighs 10.5 ounces.
Weight Gain? At this morning's appointment I've finally gained some weight.  4 ounces.  No idea how I'm doing that but I'll take it!
Maternity clothes? Oh, yes. I've been out of my regular clothes for quite some time. I live in tank tops right now.
Stretch marks? Nope. I never got any when I was pregnant with JJ and I'm hoping I don't this time, either!
Belly Button in or out? In.
Sleeping? Sleeping is still pretty easy for me and I can usually breathe through my nose.
Foods I am loving? No real cravings so far. I have been liking water and fruit more than I usually would. Strangely enough I don't want a Dr. Pepper every day like I did before. It's a good thing though so I'm hoping it lasts throughout the pregnancy. Update: I'm starting to want Dr. Pepper a little more. Not every day but every few days. :(
Foods I'm hating? Still don't do fried chicken. Yuck.
Movement? I feel movement almost daily.  It's so exciting!
Best moment this week? One night this past week I went to bed about 3:00 am after staying up to help Dad.  I was exhausted and so ready to sleep.  As soon as I laid down baby started rolling and moving all over the place.  It continued for about 10 minutes.  Such a nice way to end a very difficult day.  Update: Dad was able to come to the ultrasound with us.  He was so weak and tired but he insisted on coming.  Nothing could stop him from getting in the car and seeing his 2nd grandbaby.  It was the last time he left the house and it was exactly 1 week before he died.  Such a precious memory that I will cherish forever.
Symptoms? My belly is my main symptom. Losing my breath easily is another. Just standing sometimes makes me breathless.
Gender? Today we found out that we are having another boy.  I was initially disappointed but I know that I will adore this sweet boy and will fall deeply in love with him the minute I hold him in my arms.
What I miss? Being happy.
What I'm looking forward to? Coming up with a name!
Milestones? I'm halfway through!
Emotions?  The joy of pregnancy has been overshadowed by what's going on with Dad.  I can't help but be sad all the time.  I look forward to being happy again.
copy20WeekCollage

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...