Friday, May 7, 2010

Show Us Your Life: Your Child's Name

 This week Kelly's Korner is featuring baby names!  How fun!  I love this topic and am excited to share the story of how we came up with our son's name. 

To make a long story short, I was about 15 weeks along before I found out I was pregnant (I know, sounds crazy!).  Hubby and I had only been married for about 15 weeks and the thought of children hadn't crossed our minds yet so we hadn't had a discussion about childrens names.  We found out 2 weeks later that we were having a boy.  So began our name search.  Hubby is Jorge Alberto II and the only name he wanted for our son would be after him and his father, which would make our son a III.  I honestly have never, ever liked the generational I, II, III, etc. names.  I wanted to include Hubby's name in our son's name I just didn't want him to be a III.  So I came up with something else.  April 8, 2008 came and our precious baby boy was born.  We name him Joseph Jorge Alberto.  While at the hospital, Hubby came up with the idea to call him J.J. (for Joseph Jorge)  I looked down at the baby I was holding and knew instantly that JJ was the perfect name for him. 

Hubby signing the birth certificate.

Our sweet boy, JJ.


 

1 comment:

Beth McC. said...

What a fun post! I love your name picks!Your blog is to cute! Hope you have a great weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...