Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Running

As some of you may know, Hubby has been doing a lot of running the past few months.  He's actually lost about 30 pounds so far because of it.  Well, not just because of running.  He's also been watching what he eats.  Yes, he has more will power than I.  So he's been doing all of this running and is finally starting to use it for something.  Two Sundays ago he ran in his first race - the Redbud Classic.  It was a 10k (6.2 miles).  He ran it in 55 minutes in 45 seconds which, in my opinion, is pretty great.  His next event is the OKC Memorial Full-Marathon coming up this Sunday.  It is 26.2 miles.  Whew!  I'm worn out just thinking about it!  I'm proud of him though for working so hard toward something and then doing it well. 

Here are a few pictures from the Redbud Classic.

JJ has also proven himself to be a runner.  It's probably just part of being a toddler but when I look at these pictures you know what I see?  I see his father.  And I see a love of running.  Oh, how my boy loves to run.

Now if I could just find the energy to join them...


1 comment:

Sharon @ Hiking Toward Home said...

wish I had that amount of will power and energy. JJ is soooo cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...