Saturday, January 15, 2011

Eggnog

I have never been a fan of eggnog.  I try drinking it every year thinking that maybe I'll like it but my dislike of eggnog has always remained the same.  Until now.  I used eggnog in the Eggnog Cheesecake I made for Christmas and have had quite a bit left.  I hated to throw it away but certainly didn't want to drink it so I hung on to it hoping to find something to do with it.  I looked at it the other day and noticed that the expiration date was coming up.  That lit a fire under me and I searched for some good eggnog recipes. 

I started with Eggnog Cupcakes.  The recipe I used is from Annie's Eats.  I remembered reading about it and decided to give it a try.  I'm  so glad I did!  These cupcakes are delicious.  If you love the flavor and spices of eggnog, you'll love these cupcakes.

Photobucket


I made 2 batches of the cupcakes and still had some eggnog left.  After finding such a great recipe I knew I couldn't throw the rest of the eggnog away.  I had to put it to good use!  Next are Eggnog Cookies.  I found the recipe HERE.  The only change I made to the recipe was to use 3 1/2 cups of flour instead of 4.  These cookies are wonderful and addicting and I highly recommend them!

Photobucket

After these 2 recipes, I will never snub my nose at eggnog again. In fact, I plan on buying it every year so I can add these fabulous recipes to my Christmas baking!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...