Thursday, January 6, 2011

Christmas Eve

Every year we spend Christmas Eve with my family and Christmas Day with my Hubby's family.  This year was much like any other year.  Days spent with family, eating lots of food, and opening presents.  And it was perfect.

Mom and I working on our Christmas meal.  JJ stopped in for a quick visit (that's who Mom is making the funny face to).
Photobucket
Photobucket

Patiently waiting to open presents.
Photobucket

Hanging out with Uncle Andrew.
Photobucket

JJ's job was to pass the presents out.
Photobucket

His first piggy bank.  I don't know what I was thinking (I guess I wasn't) but this is the only picture I have of him with a present.  He received many more presents but I just don't have pictures of them.
Photobucket

Watching Grandma and Grandpa open their presents.
Photobucket

Mom made matching aprons for JJ and me.  Everytime I'm in the kitchen (which is a lot!) JJ wants to be there "helping" so matching aprons are perfect!
Photobucket

My parents had a surprise for JJ this year.  After opening up all of the gifts they told JJ to look under the tree outside.  Of course, there was a gift waiting just for him. 
Photobucket

Playing in the wrapping paper was just as much fun as opening the gifts!
Photobucket

JJ took these 2 photos.
Photobucket

Mom and I started the tradition this year of making Pecan Rolls at the end of the night.  The next morning all we have to do is bake them and we'll have pecan rolls for our Christmas morning breakfast!
Photobucket

It was a wonderful day.  I'm so glad my brother got to come home and spend Christmas with us.  It wouldn't be the same without him.  Last year we all spent the night due to a blizzard that came through.  Fun memories.  But I'm glad it didn't take us 6 1/2  hours again to get to my parents house this year!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...