Friday, October 30, 2009

Food

I love food, as you well know, and I love to make it and eat it! I haven't blogged on any goodies lately so I thought I'd take some time to do so. Recently, I've done a lot of cooking and baking and I've used pumpkin in a lot of my recipes. I love this time of year because I love pumpkin! Here are some things I've made recently, with and without pumpkin. Enjoy!

Let's start with the sweets...

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies - soft chocolate chip cookies with a hint of pumpkin.


Rice Krispie Log - a mixture of rice krispie cereal, marshmallows, peanut butter, and chocolate. Doesn't get much better than that!


Great Pumpkin Dessert - a fun twist on pumpkin pie! A pumpkin pie base with a crumbly, nutty topping.


Funky Monkey Banana Bread - a basic banana bread with chocolate chips thrown in!


Great Pumpkin Cake - a spice bundt cake decorated as a pumpkin using cream cheese frosting. What a fun dessert for the holidays!


Pumpkin Apple Streusel Muffins - a moist, spice-filled muffin with a hint of apple and a streusel topping. Perfect with morning coffee!


German Chocolate Cookies - just like the cake. A chocolate cookie with nuts topped with lightly crisp coconut. Even if you don't like coconut you'll like this cookie!


Now, for the not-so-sweet side of things...

Taco Salad - dinner doesn't get much easier than this!


Beef Stuffed Zucchini - tender zucchini filled with seasoned ground beef.


Chili - perfect for a cool, fall day. Nothing says "fall" better than cornbread and a bowl of chili!


Chicken Taco Soup - a blend of taco seasonings with tender shredded chicken topped with cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chips.


Another new favorite is Pumpkin Chili. I don't have a picture of it (silly me) but it's a creamier version of chili. You can't taste the pumpkin but it really changes the texture. Another will-make-again recipe!

I hope you've enjoyed the small tour of my recent makings!

Happy Eating!

1 comment:

Rae said...

It all looks so yummy. You must send me the rice krispy recipe my kids would love that. I don't know how you stay so skinny eating all that yummy food.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...