Thursday, July 9, 2009

Almost Candy Bars

It's been a while since I've posted a blog about food or sweets. Not that I haven't done any cooking or baking...I guess I just haven't thought about posting. Well, yesterday I made Almost Candy Bars and decided they were blog-worthy.

I've had this recipe for years but have never made it (not that I remember anyway). They looked and sounded good so I thought I'd give 'em a try. I mean, what's not to like about devil's food cake, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, coconut, and nuts??? I know, right? Sounds fabulous!

Layer devil's food cake, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, coconut, and nuts in a jelly roll pan or 9x13 pan...


Next, pour a can of sweetened condensed milk all over the top...


Bake at 375 for 20-30 mins. or until top is golden brown...


The finished product...


A closer look...


Tempted yet???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know this recipe as "Hello Dolly" cookies - but I like the "almost candy bars" name better...and they look SO yummy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...