Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Homemade Bread

Well, today I decided to try something new. I made homemade bread for the first time. It is such a long process but, I believe, worth it in the end. I grew up eating my Mom's and Grandma's homemade bread (which, by the way, is the best homemade bread EVER) so that is kind of what I was expecting when I made mine. To say the least, mine didn't turn out quite like theirs. I guess I shouldn't have expected it since it's my first time and they've made bread for years but that's what I had in mind when I tasted my first warm, buttery slice of bread. Good, but not great. Looks like I have some practicing to do!

JJ sat on the kitchen counter in his Bumbo during the bread-making process happily playing with whatever was in reach. I talk to him while I bake, telling him of the coming days that I'll get to make and bake things for him! I remember coming home from school and the house smelling deliciously of bread or cookies and now, I look forward to the day that I can do that for my sweet boy! Until then, I'll keep practicing and Hubby will get to enjoy the results of my practice!


1 comment:

Chan said...

looks yummy . . .Great job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...