Thursday, September 16, 2010

Playing Catch-Up

I know it's been forever since I've posted anything but it's kinda hard to do when you don't have access to a computer very often.   So much has happened since I last posted (about 2 months ago...sheesh!) so here's an update....

I've still been doing a lot of cooking and baking, of course.  And now that fall is almost here, I'm so excited to get started with the fall baking!

Pizza on the Grill.  Our new favorite way to eat pizza!

 Pasta alla Marlboro Man (a Pioneer Woman recipe), Crusty Bread, and Fried Okra.

And I've been doing a lot of baking as well...surprise, surprise...
Oreo cupcakes.  Aren't they cute?

 Chocolate Stuffed Peanut Butter Brownies.

Hummingbird Cupcake with Cream Cheese Frosting.

Marshmallow Crunch Brownie Bars.

No Sugar Apple Pie.  We love this!  You can't tell that there's no sugar.

A new-found favorite.  Mocha-Toffee Chocolate Cookies.

These next 3 were taken with my phone so the quality isn't as good.  These are Reese's Chewy Chocolate Cookies.

Next, we have Strawberries N Cream Brownie Dessert.  An oldie but a goodie.

Peanut Butter Whoopie Pies.  Can you say yum?!?!

I've made lots of other things but that's all the pictures I have.  Hopefully I'll get better at remembering to take pictures of things I make!

We've had a pretty busy summer.  I went to a youth conference/missions conference with our church one weekend and a couple weekends later several of us ladies went to a ladies retreat for a couple days.  It was so much fun and I am so thankful I was able to go!

The girls that were able to go on the retreat.  We had a blast!

JJ adores being in the water so we bought a small plastic pool for him to play in.  He loves it!

And this one is my favorite.  I caught him right as he was ready to spit the water out.

My mom, JJ, and I also took a 2 week trip to Indiana.  We just got back a week and a half ago.  It's about a 16 hour drive from OKC to Elkhart so we divided it up into 2 days.  For our sake and for JJ's sake!

We took several breaks to let JJ get out and run.  He needed to release some energy and we needed him to release energy!  ha!
 

One of his favorite things to play with is his basketball so we were sure to bring it.  It came in handy on our driving breaks.

One of the first things we did in IN is go visit my grandpa.  We have 4 generations here (my mom's parents).

JJ and I stayed with my grandma (my dad's mom).

One of my biggest memories about my grandpa is that he was always reading the Bible.  He can no longer read so when we visited him my Mom read him some verses.  A lot of the time he would quote them with her.

Hearing the verses seemed to touch his heart.  I love this moment that I captured.

Other times he would just sit and listen while Mom read.

And my grandma?  Well, she fell asleep while this was going on.  :)  I had to capture this because if you know her at all, you know that this is so her.  Hey, she's 93.  I can't say that I blame her!

JJ also took a nap.

JJ and his grandma.

I think this is a great picture.  We've got a 92 year old and a 2 year old being pushed down the hallway.

Me and my boy getting ready to leave for church.

We also went to my Aunt Barb and Uncle Jim's house for dinner one night (I brought the Strawberries N Cream Brownie Dessert that is shown above).  JJ really took to Cameron, one of my cousin's sons.

Grandma and JJ playing in a box.  It doesn't get any better than that!

My Uncle Dale hooked up the trailer to their riding lawnmower and took us for a ride around their 3-acre property.  JJ loved it!

Later that night we had a bonfire on the back of the property.

JJ talking to Grandpa on the phone.

It was a great trip and I'm so glad we were able to go.  My parents left a couple days ago to go back to IN.  Mom told me last night that my grandpa was given 24-48 hours to live.  JJ and I will be flying out tomorrow to be with the family.  I am so thankful that we went when we did!

I think that's about it.  I'm really hoping to blog more often now.  I guess we'll see...  :)

Oh, yeah.  Yesterday I turned 32.  Blah.


1 comment:

Sharon @ Hiking Toward Home said...

We have had such a busy summer that I haven't updated my family site since EASTER! I gotta do some catch up there as well!
That little one is growing up fast! Hug your mom for me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...