Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I. Love. Sweets.

It's been a while since I've written anything about food so I thought I'd take some time to catch up. I've been baking (as usual) and have plenty of things to share.

My Dad and Father-in-Law love German Chocolate Cake. So, for their birthdays this year I decided to do something a little different and make them each a German Chocolate Cheesecake. It was a new recipe for me so I was taking a chance when I made it but I'm glad I did. It was so good!


Almost Candy Bar Things was also a new recipe for me. They were very good but very sweet. I could only eat one small piece at a time.


I got this recipe from Pioneer Woman (she's always got such GREAT recipes!). It's Strawberry Shortcake Cake. Another yummy one!


Next is another PW recipe: Awesomest Blueberry Muffins. Let me tell you, they definitely are the awesomest! I love them and have made them several times within the last few weeks.


Every summer my entire family looks forward to my Mom's Strawberry Pie. It's basically a summer staple for our family. :) There's nothing like it! I made one this year. It turned out pretty good but definitely not as good as Mom's. Next time I'll be sure to add more strawberries.


Today I tried another new recipe (go figure). It's Key Lime Cheesecake Bars. Sounds fabulous, right? I just now had a piece because they had to chill in the fridge for hours. They're good but I think they need a thicker graham cracker crust.


These are just a few of the things I've made in the last couple months. Unfortunately, I forget to take pictures half of the time so I only have these few to share.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You probably "forget" to take pics, b/c by the time you remember to take them, the dessert has already been eaten ;p

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...