Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day Weekend

First of all, I would like to wish my Daddy and hubby a Happy Father's Day! My Daddy is the most amazing father in the world and I love him dearly!



Jorge, is such a great daddy to JJ. We both love him so much and are thankful for him!


So, this weekend started on Friday. JJ and I spent the day at my parents house. My Dad's favorite dessert is German Chocolate Cake. I wanted to make him something but wanted to make something besides regular German Chocolate Cake. I came up with German Chocolate Cheesecake. It was so yummy! And I think he really liked it, too!


Saturday, we stopped at Best Buy and bought the camera before meeting my parents at La Luna for dinner. It's a yummy mexican restaurant. We stuffed ourselves before heading to the Yard Dawgz arena football game.



On the way to the game, we stopped by a fire truck parked outside and took a few pictures.


JJ looks so tiny next to this massive truck!


A fun family photo.


There was also a huge slide outside the arena. Of course, we needed pictures so Jorge took JJ down the slide. How fun!




After that, we headed inside to watch the game.




I love JJ's expression! It looks like he's actually cheering for the team. In reality, he's just yelling. Because, well...because that's what he does now days. He yells. haha!




Yelling. Again.


Grandpa had to go get popcorn - much to JJ's happiness. He dug right in and helped himself to a nice treat!


We left the game at the beginning of the 3rd quarter. JJ was just so tired and ready for bed. We were walking to the car when this happened...


Then this happened...


And then this... He was asleep before we even got to our car!


JJ fell asleep about 9:00 and didn't wake up until 8:00 this morning. Yay for us! I don't remember the last time he slept that long. We'll have to go to Yard Dawg games more often if 11 hours of sleep is the result! haha!

While Jorge was still sleeping this morning I had JJ write on his card. He's just recently started scribbling so I had him draw on his Daddy's card.


We went to Denny's for breakfast before church and JJ, of course, had to do a bit of yelling. This time he wasn't happy though. I think he was hungry for his breakfast!


Me and my man on the way to church after breakfast.


After morning service, we spent a couple hours with Jorge's family before heading back to church for evening service. My father-in-law also loves German Chocolate Cake so I baked him a German Chocolate Cheesecake as well. They also really liked it! I made a New York Cheesecake for my mother-in-law while I was there and listened to Nilo (one of my brothers-in-law) play and sing a beautiful song that he just wrote. It honestly was amazing and sounds like something that could be played on the radio today. The Lord has blessed him with great talent. Overall, it was a great weekend. I am so fortunate to have such wonderful men in my life!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...