Wednesday, April 24, 2013

5 Months

Today my baby love is 5 months old. He weighs 16 pounds is 25 inches long and wears size 6 month clothes. He is currently wearing size 2 diapers but will soon be moving to size 3.

He's still nursing every 2 hours. I gave him peas (which he loved!) for a couple days hoping that he would nurse every 3 hours instead of every 2 hours. It made no difference so I quit giving it to him. Yesterday at moms house he ate a little bit of mashed banana and loved it!

He hates being on his tummy and will quickly roll over to his back. To say that he doesn't like being on his tummy is an understatement.

He's definitely a momma's boy and wants me to hold him all day. I finally purchased a carrier this month in hopes that would give me a bit more freedom to get things done all while keeping him happy. He tolerates the carrier for a bit (just like he tolerates the jumperoo for a bit) before getting upset. His choice would be to sit in the glider all day while I hold him.

He's recently begun "talking" and will squeal and squeak all day. They are some of the sweetest sounds. Ever! He has also discovered his tongue and will stick it out multiple times during the day. So funny! He doesn't play with toys yet but he will bang them around and put them in his mouth, of course. Everything goes in the mouth.

During his naps I still hold him because no matter how many times I try to lay him down he always pops his eyes right open. I can't stand to let him lay and cry in his crib so I hold him. I've been reminding myself that one of these days, all too soon, my arms will be empty and I'll long for just another day to hold him while he sleeps. He has always done well at night and still is, thankfully! He sleeps next to me in bed and wakes up about 3 times a night to eat.

My sweet baby is growing too fast! JJ adores his baby brother and loves to hold him and play with him. I pray that they will grow to be the best of friends!


 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...