Monday, August 27, 2012

School Begins

Today my baby boy started Preschool. How can that be?  Just yesterday we brought our tiny boy home from the hospital and started adjusting to our new life as a family of 3. 
copy 01-18
And now, we've sent him off to school.  The first day of many school days. He's in the Pre-K program so he'll be at school on Mondays and Wednesdays from 9:30 to 2:30 and Fridays from 9:30 to 12:00.  So it's an easy start to his school career.  I can't even think about next year when he'll be in Kindergarten and gone 7 hours a day for 5 days.  Ack!  For now I'll enjoy having my baby boy home with me most of the week and worry about next year later!
copy 08-27-12-1stdayofPreschool5
He seemed a little hesitant this morning and said several times that he didn't want to go to school but we reassured him that he would love it.  Turns out, we were right!  Parents do know what they're talking about sometimes, huh?

I fed him a good breakfast, packed his lunch, took a bazillion pictures, drove to the school and walked him to his class.  Such a surreal moment that was. 
copy copy08-27-12-1stdayofPreschool15 copy 08-27-12-1stdayofPreschool17-1 copy copy08-27-12-1stdayofPreschool19
We stood outside the classroom for a few minutes waiting for the door to open.  He had been real quiet since we got there (anyone who knows him knows that this is far from normal for him) and then asked Jorge to hold him while we waited. I was beginning to worry how this was going to go.  Turns out that there was nothing to worry about.  He waltzed right in his classroom as if he had done it a hundred times.  Whew!  What a relief that there was no crying or hanging on or begging me not to go but at the same time this Mommy's heart could have used just a little bit of hesitation before leaving me.  That's okay though.  I love that he's independent and excited to do new things!
copy 08-27-12-1stdayofPreschool22-1
When I picked him up at 2:30 he came running out with a huge smile on his face and as happy as can be. So JJ's first day of school went well, I'd say.  I hope his enthusiasm lasts the rest of the year.  In the meantime, I've got to find ways to keep myself busy 2 1/2 days of the week while my baby boy is growing up.
copy copy08-27-12-1stdayofPreschool12

 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...